Midhurst Community Land Trust is a not-for-profit organisation established with the aim of making housing in the Midhurst area more affordable to local people and key workers who are important to the fabric of the town. Midhurst CLT Limited is registered by the Charity Commission England and Wales No. 1199829. The area we cover is the town of Midhurst and the villages of Easebourne, West Lavington and Cocking.
- To develop all forms of environmentally sustainable housing to provide genuinely affordable accommodation in the town of Midhurst and the villages of Easebourne, West Lavington and Cocking
- To be open to opportunities of working with housing associations and other agencies whilst remaining long -term stewards of homes and assets
- To identify and acquire sites for the development of affordable housing
- To identify sources of loans or grants for the purchase of land and the development of property and put in place suitable investment finance to underpin expansion
- To seek advice and support from Chichester District Council and the South Downs National Park Authority and other agencies in identifying local housing need and suitable land opportunities
- To seek grants via various agencies, including the Housing Delivery Team of Chichester District Council, in securing professional advice for the establishment and ongoing work of the trust
A Community Land Trust is a social enterprise set up to benefit a specific community by owning important local assets.This video explains how CLTs work and benefit local housing needs.