Midhurst Community Land Trust is a not-for-profit organisation established with the aim of making housing in the Midhurst area more affordable to local people and key workers who are important to the fabric of the town.
- To develop all forms of environmentally sustainable housing to provide genuinely affordable accommodation
- To be open to opportunities of working with housing associations and other agencies whilst remaining long -term stewards of homes and assets
- To identify and acquire sites for the development of affordable housing
- To identify sources of loans or grants for the purchase of land and the development of property and put in place suitable investment finance to underpin expansion
- To seek advice and support from Chichester District Council and the South Downs National Park Authority and other agencies in identifying local housing need and suitable land opportunities
- To seek grants via various agencies, including the Housing Delivery Team of Chichester District Council, in securing professional advice for the establishment and ongoing work of the trust